- 80% of disputes are resolved.
- Most issues are resolved in one meeting.
- People comply with mediated agreements about 90% of the time.
- Mediation is offered on a sliding scale or free.
- Mediation allows both parties to express their opinions.
- Mediation is confidential and convenient.
- Mediated agreements can be enforced like a contract.
Resolving differences. Restoring relationships.
We are a litigating society. If we disagree with someone or feel we have been wronged, our first instinct is to run to court. But the court system is overloaded, time-consuming, and expensive. Worst of all, it usually creates one winner... and one loser. So your odds of being happy with the outcome are not good.
The Dispute Resolution Center of West Michigan offers another way to resolve disagreements. We help people solve their differences peacefully and constructively, using the services of a trained mediator. This mediator brings both parties together for discussion, and together they create their own solution to the problem.
We can help in nearly any type of situation, including landlord-tenant disputes, educational issues, parenting disputes, employee grievances, disagreements between neighbors, small claims issues, and many more.
Mediation is a proven process that helps people work out win-win solutions to their problems. We invite you to learn more about mediation or contact us to learn how mediation can help you solve your problem and let you get on with your life.